The Jephson hotel is named after Dr Henry Jephson (1798 – 1878). It was he who made Leamington Spa fashionable – at about the same time that the three Victorian mansions that make up our hotel were built. Jephson’s enthusiasm for the beneficial effects of the local spa waters drew visitors to the town, and earned him the lasting gratitude of local people who praised his ability to ‘draw the sick and opulent from all parts of the Kingdom’.